· By Bess Weyandt
Make all the people happy this Thanksgiving, because, this is like if pecan pie and pumpkin pie had a kid. Two pies in one kinda-sorta? It's every bit as pppleasing (see what we did there?) as you might imagine.
pie crust or pre-made pie shell of your choice
1/2 c. brown sugar
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 15 oz canned pumpkin (or the real stuff, if you've got the patience!)
1 c. Georgia pecan milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Whip eggs until frothy.
3. Beat in sugar, then spices and salt.
4. Add pumpkin and pecan milk, and beat until well blended and smooth.
5. Pour mixture into pie shell.
6. Bake at 450F for 10 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 30 to 35 more minutes.
8. Top with whipped coconut cream & enjoy!